Monday, January 11, 2010

When Hell Freezes Over...



It's 45 degrees in my office. It's about 50 outside, which isn't that bad except that we don't have heat. Burrrrr. I think they may have finally turned the AC off (You know...when Hell Freezes Over).

In more encouraging news:
It's the annual lizard harvest. They're falling out of trees and ripe for the pickin'. We have a 6 inch gecko inside a cardboard box on the kitchen table. He was frozen solid yesterday morning, so Laura brought him in to warm up. I taped the top up pretty well and I can hear him shuffling around inside. I'll let him out when it warms up again...

5 comments:

Meredith said...

The high temp yesterday in Miami (and again today I believe) was lower in Miami than in Seattle...Go El Nino

Loft Offcourse said...

shiver shiver burrrrr shiver

Ruthie said...

HAHA. i love this as your first post of 2010

Bunny said...

You shouldn't complain, we haven't had a day above freezing in 2010 yet...the average is about -10 (Celsius of course), and after the wind chill gets added on it feels more like -15. Maybe next year I'll have to send you a hat for Christmas to keep you warm :)

Loft Offcourse said...

Yes, outside it's not that cold...but we don't have heat...

thanks for the penguin. Scott wanted to eat it SOOOOOO bad but I wouldn't let him.