Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday...the ticonderoga of the week

Let's see, what have I been up to?

Yesterday I started a Spanish class. There are four students in the class (including me) and I'm the only American. The instructor asked me "De donde eres?" To which, I responded "Soy de Idaho" and he laughed at me and said "Soy de Estados Unidos!" What? Of course! We're in the estados unidos, right? And then he made a big point to pronounce Idaho in his stupid american accent. I know that that's what it was because he was going on and on about how weird americans are when they pronounce d's and t's like r's. No we don't. But, besides THAT the instructor was likeable. I guess I'll keep going.

Laura's home from Sioux Falls. She's cleaning out the fridge. Our undergraduate roommate-for-a-month left a lot of weird stuff in the fridge. Like, empty jars of spaghetti sauce, soy sauce, wheat germ, about 3 quarts of cooked cous cous, and various other things that definitely do not belong in the fridge.

I have a new undergrad in my lab. He seems friendly and easy going. He's my project, I mean, I'm going to teach him some things and then he's going to help me do some things. It'll be a good arrangement.

Laura thinks her pinky is becoming paralyzed little by little. She will remember this day always as "The day my pinky stopped working" Or not.

Besides all that, life is about the same.

No comments: