Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday nights are for fires.

I had my first Girl Scout meeting with my old troop since I got back to Miami. The group has really grown from the handful of moderately sullen and excitable older girls to a well rounded, nice sized group of about 15 eight to 15 year olds. It's really nice to have a mixed age level group again.

On Friday, we did a bit of fire building practice in preparation for an overnight next weekend. I think the girls had fun, and I was pretty excited to see them again. The outdoor-fun-activity part of scouting was what I definitely missed while I was in Switzerland. Funny that I had to come back to Miami to find it again. Next week will be some of my girls' first camping overnight I think. There are some other girls who won't be able to join us who have never gone camping in their lives. Wow.

No comments: