Monday, October 6, 2008

Ahhh, Cozy Suisse

I'm back from Paris. Knock that one off the List Of Places I Meant to Go to But Didn't Get Around To It. I made that list back in July I think.

Anyway, I am Very Very glad to be back. Paris is too over the top for my tastes. I swear. Just because you're really good at sculpting half naked ladies and giant ponies doesn't mean you need a 20-foot one of either on Every street corner. Also, does food really need to be That expensive? I'm pretty good at being cheap but still managed to spend a small fortune on coffee and sandwiches. It was just all around nice to be home last night. But it was a good trip and I some impressive art. Not impressionist art, but impressive art.

Stay tuned for the Paris edition of this blog which will be published in four installments.

In other news: It snowed at the Chalet while I was away. Sticking-type snow that was around for a day or so. There's no snow in the forecast for the next week though. How sad. I probably missed the only real-winter day of the pre-winter season while I was traipsing about in rainy, grey, windy Paris. I guess I'll have to wait until Real-Winter for snow now.

Oh, and also in other news: I'm sorry I've got the British Monarchy confused...about the Queen Mother being dead and all. I feel really bad about that and I hope no one is rolling in their graves. All I know is that One of Them is indeed having financial troubles. That's a safe bet for any group of people though, isn't it?

No comments: