Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Brutal

Ant asked me today "How's the kitchen going"

I said "It's brutal"

She seemed surprised "What do you mean?"

"We have 4 times as much work as we had in the summer and half as many volunteers, and they're using the dining room for their seminar so we have less space than before"

She said "Oh."

Sarah commented on the hagard looks of the volunteers.

I said "They're beat to hell"

Those poor vollies.

I'm beat to hell too. I'm going to Jungfrau tomorrow--the highest railroad station in Europe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look back at your entry 'clouds' in august. Similar, no? Seems like a repeat, the vols get worked hard for 3 months and sent home exhausted!! Anyway, hope you enjoy the Jungfrau!

Anonymous said...

i want to comment, but i dont know what to put. wish i could be there to help x