Monday, November 17, 2008

Juliette Low and other news

I'm back at the Ranch. Juliette Low S eminar is in full swing. There are 55 participants from 55 different countries, and a planning team of 12 well-meaning-but-nearly-impossible women. Someone forgot to tell them that we've been running the chalet successfully for nearly 76 years. They rearranged the furniture too. This is starting to be a problem. Seriously, we should offer an evening program of Covert Furniture Rearranging. The rules are: if you're caught by a staff member, you have to either start over or argue your way out of it. Humph.

I'm cooking two meals and serving two tea breaks a day. Plus the breakfast the vollies put out: that makes 5 meals a day for them. After they had their first break yesterday (I served them fruit) They had the Nerve to ask me to please include some variety. What? I'm sorry, it didn't occur to me that variety in menu planning was important, also don't worry about the ordering--I have a magic kitchen that produces delicious food items in large quantities just because You thought of it. I didn't even have the chance to repeat myself with a second break. Now they think that the variety is Their idea.

In other news.

The EuroExtravaganza went well. I didn't get to send as many postcards as I wanted. Sorry to all you'all on my list. I quit after Prague. It's hard to write postcards when I'm not feeling well: I got a bit sick, which I suppose was the perfect way to be in dreary Venice, but in Barcelona with the beautiful blue skies and the Mediterranean it sucked.

Stay tuned for my 8 part series "EuroExtravaganza 2008" Highlights include: Rat-borne diseases, culinary delights, firearms-training, 200 years of decay, the health care system of Spain, and lots of pictures of Laura taking pictures.

Here's a teaser.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

almost half way through! keep going! don't penguin dance too much! wish we could all come back over to help you out! i'm sure you'd love all 10 of us in your kitchen.. at once!