Friday, February 13, 2009

A Moving Targets Contest

The dog's name is ready. I won't tell until after we pick it up. Laura has naming rights for this one--since I've named the last three.

Now it's time for a game. This game will Actually have a prize that isn't pony nuzzles. Excited? I bet you are!

Here's the game:
1. If you can pick the dog's new name off the list: I'll send you a postcard.
2. If you can tell which names I picked and which ones Laura picked: I'll send you two postcards.
3. If you can correctly describe why each name was picked: I'll send you 5 postcards.

3 comments:

JET said...

Ok. I'll give it a shot. I'll probably miss, but I really really want a postcard!

Frank - Kat
Jack - Laura
Newton (Newt!) - Laura
Obama - Kat
Granite - Kat
Halley - Laura

I don't know why I think this is how it went. It feels like it. I think The New Dog is going to be Jack, but I hope he's going to be Newton or Frank.

Did I deserve any postcards?

Anonymous said...

im going to have a go too- you never know!

Frank- Kat
Jack- Laura
Newton (Newt!)- Kat
Obama- Laura
Granite- Kat
Halley- Kat


Its not even but i think thats who i'd put next to the names. and my bet for the dogs name is Granite.

My thinking is, Kat you like to name your dog after people. I'm not sure Laura is the same because they aren't all people names up there! its hard to guess how on earth you came up with the name but i'l take a wild guess. you were outside, walking Scott and you picked up a piece of rock which you later discovered was Granite. or close to that.

Granite and Scott- should get on fine!

I'm looking out for my postcards!

Anonymous said...

I think you named it Granite. Because maybe it kind of has to do with diamonds somehow? I never took any geology classes. So do I get a postcard? also, I know you wanted to name it Newton, or Newt based on the movie Aliens where the little girl was named Newt. I'm the winner.