Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time to get busy

Everybody get out your List. You know the one I'm talking about. Mine is titled "Things to do when Hell Freezes over". Well, hell hath frozen over. This morning I saw my breath on my way to the car. The lizards really did drop out of the trees. Laura collected one, named it Theodore and "Cuddled it beneath [her] sweater" No kidding. I guess she didn't really read my post the other day about the paper bag and under the kitchen sink.

In the office today everyone was in Apocalypse mode. Meredith was wearing her Norwegian sweater and hat (she knitted both, because naturally there's no where to buy things like that here). Doug was walking around in a turtle neck, and a fleece jacket. He came into our office around 10 with his hands scrunched up into the cuffs of his jacket and his shoulders all hunched--I think his lips were even blue--and said "I put hot water on in case anyone wants a hand warmer" and then he shuffled out. He said it was 47 degrees in his office. It was 55 in ours. I'm not sure why, but facilities insists on keeping the blowers on even in frigid weather. They have no heating system, and the fans always blow from outside--supercooling our offices. In fact, there was a distinct thermogradient as you walked from the hallway into our offices.

It's a wonder I didn't die of hypothermia today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you. this isnt cold! you've been in colder! get a grip luv!