Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

I've begun my triathlon training. That means: I've been out on my bike twice. I've decided that I'm not a very good biker that I have sensitive skin. I get heat rash--little sweat filled blisters--all over my body. I hate Miami.

Today marks the one year anniversary for me and my bike. Good ol' Annie. She's a good bike, even though the brake pads rub, and she weighs a lot and the wheels don't spin in a proper circle.

The Marlins were in first place again, until yesterday--when the Damn Pirates beat them. Seriously! The Pirates are the National Leagues biggest joke (maybe on par with the Nationals actually, now that I think about it). I'll be at the game tonight (where EVERYONE should be on the 4th). Hopefully they'll make me proud.

Thank you for tuning into this post-workout-hazy brain edition of Moving Targets. Stay tuned, I've got a lot going on: Planning a trip to Finland, learning Finnish, and trying to study or something, all at once.

Next week: Maine Part II

1 comment:

JET said...

Go Finland!

Write me a letter!

Happy 4th of July!

Heat rash sounds nast!

I've started running again and it's nice and not too hot in Finland!