Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Part 2: the Fifth of July

I did what is customary and American for my 4th of July: Celebrated independence from the Brits with a Baseball Game (because Round bats are SO much better), set off cheap crappy fireworks in the parking lot next door and sang patriotic songs.

The Marlins won, but you really shouldn't be surprised. We were playing the Pirates for Goodness-sakes.



In other news: I rode in the back of a proper pack of bikers today. I think it's called a pelton? It's french, don't worry. It's easier to ride faster when there are a lot of people. Especially if you're in the back. I was behind an old guy who looked like he had about 20 marbles under the skin of his right leg, and a girl on a pink bike. At least she didn't have tassles off her handlebars.

1 comment:

bonbon said...

you'd have been jealous if she did, i'm sure!