Tuesday, July 7, 2009

File this under "Things I hate"

I am SO tired of blankety-blank mosquitoes in the blankety-blank lab.

Seriously.

I should not be bitten a dozen times a day while I'm trying to work. Sometimes my work involves precision in my movements and patience and a certain amount of agility. It is really hard to pipette small amounts of expensive, invisible crap when I'm trying to dance around the mosquitoes that are trying to bite me on my face.

I sent an email on Sunday after I was mobbed by about 10,000 hungry insects while I was waiting for the elevator. It was nice, it was like "Hey what is up with all these mosquitoes? Have you noticed? Cause I have, and it's itchy" I bet I wasn't the only one, either, because the head-facilities guy wrote a campus wide email about the problem today. Then some uppity faculty member (who I'm SURE isn't sitting at his desk applying cortizone-10Plus, which is $5 a tube by the way) writes back about how mosquito spraying is bad, and that we should just suffer through this mosquito problem. Maybe he'll switch offices with me? Hate Hate Hate.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

someone is kranky and rightfully so! want some penguins?

Meredith said...

Have they at least done the courtesy of turning the blowers on the elevators on full, rather than on the (&*&(^*())(*(&(*&(*)()&^*&%^%& Motion Sensor?

I bet they haven't....

JET said...

Ha Ha Ha.

I went to pick some blueberries today, the first ones this year. I'm not used to picking them in town (well, near town, at least) so I didn't quite think it through and failed to apply some insect repellent before I went. And There Were Millions. Of blueberries, and mosquitoes. Within 3 minutes I had about 35 bites, and you can calculate how many I have now, having spent an hour and a half picking. But it was worth it. They are absolutely delicious.

Ruthie said...

Jen, I don't think Kat has blueberries at work to make the bites just that little bit more worth while...