Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Have a Hitch in My Giddyup

Laura and I ran the Miami Beach half marathon on Sunday. Well, I ran it and Laura hop-limped it, since she's suffering from an ITB injury. That's what we call your standard OverUse tendon injury. Shame on Her! But she finished, and she beat a ton of people who weren't hop limping.

The run was nice. There were only about 1500 people there, and the course was out and back (boring!) but for the inaugural run it wasn't so bad. We got medals too, but they lacked imagination (like the course). They're just big rectangular shiny things that say 13.1 on them.

All day Sunday we sat around and groaned and said "ooohhh" and "Are you done with the ice pack" a lot.

Now we're trying to decide which marathon/half marathon we'll do next.

PS: the sensor in my shoe died. That's why my nike avatar is looking lazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done on the run. the medals don't sound as good as mine. even if it did need re-stapling! glad you're back on your blog. it seems like ages since your fish one.