Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scary Things

There are things that scare Scott, especially at night when we're out walking. He's kind of a sissy. Palm fronds, plastic cups, plastic bags, basketballs....the list goes on. There's one thing that scares me when we're out walking: the scary Kujo Cat that hangs out on our block. It's a mangy calico looking thing. Its hard to say how big it really is, because whenever I see it it's puffed up. It has a very Bad attitude. The Kujo Cat appears when you least expect it and attacks. She seems to take offense to our imposition on her territory.

Laura called the other night while I was babysitting my favorite 8 year old ever and said "Hey what are you doing", I said "not much, building a model of the London Tower Bridge" she replied "Oh my god it's the cat!" and then she made some grunts and puff-puff sounds and she may have screamed. I said "ok well why don't you call me later when you're not busy" and I hung up.

I think the cat must belong to my upstairs neighbors. I think that they hate us and are trying to do everything they can to make us miserable in our new home. Every night at 10 pm (precisely when I go to bed) they start moving furniture. I can not imagine why they would need to move furniture EVERY NIGHT. But they do. It sounds like something large sliding across the floor. Like a large chair going back and forth, for hours, directly above my head. Maybe it's a poltergeist..but I doubt it. I think they're malicious. And so: Anyone who would do something as horrible as that every night must also own the cat that menaces me and my dogs.

QED.

No comments: