Thursday, April 30, 2009

H1N1 and You



I'm taking the H1N1 flu seriously. It's probably only because I like post-apocalyptic movies, or maps that include markers for Death. No, no, it's not that. It's really because I love stocking up on canned food and having an excuse not to go to work. Hurricanes, snow days, pandemic disease. You name it...I'm on it.

You may know that WAGGGS, that's the World Assocciation for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts NOT Wives And Girlfriends you brits, has a world center very close to Mexico City. The news from the Chalet regarding the Cabana is this:

"Hey,
All's ok there at the moment so far as we've heard, although they have lots of people cancelling trips (some are coming here for summer instead now). General advice seems to be not to go to mexico at all, but some people will keep going i guess. i'm not sure if they'll stay open or close for a time as a precaution and send their staff home, but at the moment they're just being careful, wearing masks, washing their hands every hour etc. I'll try and keep you updated as I hear more though."

So, that's good news, I guess.

In other H1N1/me related news: Laura's been sick. I'm not saying she has the H1N1, but she did keep me up half the night with her Oinking...

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

i have a sore throat and my cough is getting worse :-(

Catherine N said...

you had best not have breathed in my direction on friday then ruthie! actually, are you sure its not some kind of wierd out of space illness you have!?

and kat. we know what wagggs stands for, it is just a very small minority of hopeless brits that got that wrong!