Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wow!

I can post by email now. 

This morning I had to go to the Social Security Administration to order a new Social Security card.  I don't know where my last one went.  I suspect it is floating around somewhere in a box and that it's been there ever since the Shuffle (moving to Switzerland that is).  Turns out I need it to get fingerprinted for my next adventure.  Middle School Science.

I've recently been awarded a National Science Foundation fellowship--with the attached strings of bringing science to the public.  The snotty, self-involved, sometimes difficult 11 to 13 year old public.  I'm really excited about it.  Not only will it get me off the Island, but maybe I'll have a bit of fun every once in a while.

So the SSA wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Actually it was really easy to get a new Social Security card.  I showed up, sat down for about 10 minutes and then talked to a guy at a counter for less than 5 and I was on my way.  I also got to enjoy the small victory of understanding where I was supposed to go when they announced my ticket number and window.  See, it was all in spanish.  Ahhh Miami.  But I'm learning some good solid nouns, like la ventana.  The Window.

Open letter to The Best Team In Baseball (for now):   Seriously Marlins?  The Pirates?

No comments: