Sunday, April 5, 2009

What I do at work...

My own mother called me BORING. Humph. It really can't be helped, though. See: I used to have a job that was interesting. I spent a pretty large part of every day doing something interesting, or at least thinking of interesting things. If I had down time, I could write down those interesting things and other people could read them. And thus, my blog wasn't terribly boring.

These days, my work is pretty boring. Even if I could describe the things that I find interesting about it...any audience that would also find that interesting is probably vanishingly small. So I just skip it. When I find myself with a little bit of free time, I'm up to my eyeballs in Girl Scout stuff. Planning program, responding to parent emails, filling out paperwork. Then, by the time I get home, staring at a computer screen is really not on my list of things to do.

However, we all know that this is an excuse. Really, the reason that my blog has been boring, is that I'm bored. See how that works? Boredom begets boredom. Stay tuned....

No comments: