Saturday, May 29, 2010

Outstanding



Ok, I'm back to the world. It's been a crazy week.

Dlc and I survived the trip to LA (and yes, Meridith, the Pain of Memory is too fresh) Or, I have too much stuff to do to mess around on my blog, as much as I miss it. We drove over night twice and slept probably 10 hours in 4 days. And my goodness was it HOT. Too bad we were too miserable to take pictures or there would be lots of pictures of me huddled underneath the van trying to exploit the only shade in the marsh. There are no trees in marshes, only sticks in mud. It is Hot. Sometime this weekend I'll give a detailed report of oil and my trip to Grand Isle, LA.

In other news, we had our last GS meeting of the year--the one with awards and sappy speeches. Guess what? The Service Unit (which is the organization of troops in a geographic area) awarded me an Outstanding Leader pin this year. How awesome is that? It's pretty amazing how good a little enamel pin makes me. It's nice to be recognized.I'm not going to take it off for at least a week.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

awesome! well deserved!

vezzerina said...

Congratulations! I'm glad they recognized your commitment and talent.