Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy May Y'all!

Hey! I made it back from NOLA. That means New Orleans, Louisiana for anyone who Doesn't Know. Now that I have visited the city properly (a muffaletta and a 10 minute stop doesn't count) I can join the club of people who use moderately obscure acronyms for cities. (so far I've got SOBE and NOLA. Gotta collect them all!)

The Ani concert, as usual, was amazing. I will spare you the grueling details but here's a quick recap:

1. Gloria actually talked to Ani. LJ and I were buying beer at the grocery store. My mom was right about how drinking ruins your life.
2. Ani walked between the security barrier and the stage before the show, so I kinda got my own up close encounter.
3. She played 4 new songs! I'm waiting on a set list and I'll let y'all know what they're called. She also played a killer "who's side are you on" remix of an old labor song that she did for Pete Seeger's 90th birthday.
4. Long drive!


Pictures coming soon! Stay tuned!

No comments: