Friday, April 30, 2010

uhhhhhhhhh...i dunno

Hey Friends. It's Thursday. That means a full day in the lab. A full day of frustration. Dlc and I were working up fish together. For the past thousand months I've been trying to get some stupid protocol to work.

There's lots I would like to say about this, but being a proper blogger and hoping to remain a grad student at this point in time, I can't. Let's just say it involves "your research, not my problem" and "all up in my grill".

In other news, I'm getting prepped for a big drive over to New Orleans to see ANI! My friends LJ and his girlfriend are joining me and we're going to leave Friday night and drive over night so that we can get to New Orleans very early so that we can be FIRST IN LINE!!! WOOOOOH. For anyone who is keeping track, this will be my 10th concert. I've seen Ani in 4 states and 2 countries. I'm getting to the point (I hate to admit it) that it's not as exciting as it was the first 9 times... Don't get me wrong, I'm still like #1 fan, but it's starting to be less like a New Kids on the Block concert and more like a grown-up concert or something else that boring people would go to and act politely and sit quietly. Or maybe it is just that I am getting old.

I'm getting old folks. Just tonight, I was trying to parse out "What it is about this 'music' that these kids today like so much? I mean it's not even PROPER music". Oh no! But really, have you heard this crap? I think it's because they're cutting all the music and arts programs in school so of course the kids don't know any better. Sigh. If only they could appreciate Ani and classical guitar like I do. Cut the Jazz, that's fine. I hate jazz, but push the folk and classical. There, wouldn't the world be so much better if I got to make all the rules?

But I digress: So I cleaned out my car tonight. Or, I removed the garbage from my car. There's still a fine layer of pearl-ite from a plant I spilled in the car last June and a less fine layer of sand from my trips to the beach and pennies and sludge that I think is the result of some sort of irreversible chemical reaction that is the result of mixing Gu and coffee. I think I'll TRY to get to a gas station with some quarters and then put the quarters in the vacuum machine and then use the vacuum machine to suck up some of that crap. That's unlikely though, I mean, with that many steps it's almost bound to fail--if there's a 5% failure rate for any sort of thing you try to do, the more steps you add the more likely it is to fail. Right? I paid attention in stats. I know what is up. I should just give up before I start.

Well, here's to my road trip! Hope it goes smoothly and that neither LJ nor his girlfriend are allergic to any of the crap in my car.

Confidential to Ani ( know you're reading this): See you Saturday!

2 comments:

Joe said...

I hope you have a great time in New Orleans. It's a great city, and it's a lot of fun. I hope you get a chance to have some fun on Bourbon St. while you are there, LOL. Very interesting blog btw, as a grad student myself (hopefully about to finish soon) it's great to read about another grad student.

Ruthie said...

jealous! have an awesome time!