Saturday, December 13, 2008

FRUTIGEN AND BEYOND....!!! (echo echo echo)

Here's a photo essay (I've gotten lazy perhaps?)

Jen got a Pony for her birthday. Its name is Sugar Plum Cupcake and it likes to have its hair brushed.


Sugar Plum Cupcake likes to look out the train window at all the snow coming down. We were playing the Frutigen and Beyond game. It's a popular pasttime here at the chalet. You go to Frutigen, and take the next train, and continue till you're bored and then at some point you go home. Here's a chronicle of our adventures that day.
We stopped in Goppenstein, as per tradition. We counted 6 houses!
Unfortunately Goppenstein doesn't have any postcards, so I tried to take pictures of what I thought would make the BEST ugly Goppenstein postcards:


Greetings from the Goppi Resturant!
How Jen Feels about having to wait around for an hour to catch the next train.


After Goppenstein, we got off the train at Ausserberg. We decided that we'd walk to Visp.

Along the way we encountered a LOT of very old, very stone, traiditional Swiss Barns.

I decided to explore one:
Jen was yelling at me "I can't believe you're doing that!!! The floor is going to fall through and you're going to break your leg and I will NOT help you because I told you not to go in there!" This is the same girl who took us sledding down a World Ski Cup Black Run. Seriously, the floor was quite stable...
See, if I stay on the beams, no problem...
Ooops, there goes a bit of floor.
Time to go.
Next, we met some sheep with very fuzzy faces. They let us pet them a little.


Here's another postcard-that-should be. It's the gemindehaus (city hall) in Baltscheider. Jen found a post on a notice board that said something to the effect of "The city is giving away one liter of wine to all its citizens for Christmas and New Years. Bring your own bottle".
We encountered this Gem. I chose not to explore inside. Jen was pleased with my choice.

After Visp we continued on to Brig, where I met something else that was fluffy!
It didn't mind being petted as much as the sheepies.


And then we went home. The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha you took the same steps as me and Katie! you took the same photos and seemed to have had as much fun as we did. that pub in goppy is lovely isnt it. another hour until the next train out of there!