Monday, December 8, 2008

My bed is HUGE

Jen, Madge and I moved out of Stöckli last night. We were afraid of getting horribly lonely so Georgina and Becky came home with us. We watched an Ani concert--Live from Babeville, and drank some high quality Coop beer and went to bed at a reasonable hour. It was sweet of Georgina and Becky to keep us company, but I know they had an ulterior motive: altruism is a lie. The heat was off in Stöckli.

The heater is always breaking. Luckily, it gets fixed by some men from town, but lately we've been having so many problems with it. So many problems indeed that the men from town now have to call Austria to get permission to fix the heater every time they do anything. That's because the people from Austria think that the men from town did something wrong, while the men from town think that Austria has sold us a lemon. All I know, is that it was SO cold in the kitchen last night that I had to wear a coat while I was cooking, and I had to turn the oven on just to heat it up a bit.

Georgina, Becky and I all fit in my bed. It was a small miracle, and we didn't even have to get real close. Although, I would have probably appreciated it around 3 am when I was freezing because I was on the side furthest from the heater, with the thinnest blanket. Becky and Georgina reported this morning that they were roasting all night. Poor me.

Must be slow season when that's the most exciting thing I have to report.

In other news: Have YOU sent your postcard to Obama yet? POD update.

No comments: