Wednesday, December 31, 2008

no news

You may notice that this blog has a new title and a new layout. Beyond that, this post will contain no news of value. I am at my parents' house. We are all enjoying our Staycation (which is a word I just learned. It means "to stay at home for your vacation") Perhaps that is one of the horribly over used words I missed while I was on my fantasy European vacation. So, I will now use up my allotted Staycation use quota. Staycation. Staycation.

The weather is terrible. It's been snowing, raining, blowing, and icing. Going outside is misery. Yesterday Scott and I walked down town. He walked, I scooted/shuffled and tried not to fall over.This is what it looks like outside. Unfortunately, the 40mph gusts of wind don't come out well on film. I couldn't even be bothered to walk outside to take a photo, so sorry about the railing.

My brother and his wife and the kiddos came over the other day. I brought them some Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons home. They're meant to be used on paper for fancy water color projects. We use them to make tattoos.
They all have game boys.

I've been writing tons of postcards and holding on to the little bit of German I learned with a fierce grip. It's still slipping, I can feel it drooling out of me while I sit in front of the TV. My favorite channel is TLC, which has been relegated to the role of "Modern Freak Show" Yesterday I watched: Feral Children, Woman with Giant Legs, and something about Primordial Dwarfs.

I've been rediscovering my love of running (on flat surfaces, like a treadmill) thanks to the heart rate monitor Laura got me for Christmas. I got her one too, now we can have long conversations about our target heart rate and how long we spent "in zone". Seriously though, the heart rate monitor is awesome. I don't know how I ever lived without it. It helps me know how hard I should work out and as a consequence of being more aware of my exertion, I can work out more comfortably for longer periods of time. Which feels good.


Because no post would be complete without a Scott The Dog chaser.

No comments: