Sunday, December 28, 2008

Idaho. Redux

Well, for all interested parties: I am home. Soon I will begin the process of renaming the blog--Mom reminds me every time she thinks of it that Year Without Baseball is no longer an appropriate title. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

My parents picked me up in Spokane last night at 11pm (bless their little cotton socks) and drove me through the wilderness. Through the snowy wasteland that is eastern Washington/northern Idaho at the moment. My dad is a Good driver. He loves the challenge of 4 inches of slush on the road at 1 in the morning with a hot cup of coffee in one hand. That's a standard kitchen-style coffee cup, not a sissy go-cup. Or, I think he enjoys the challenge--why else would he do it willingly? Regardless of the motive (picking my lovely self up at the airport), it took us nearly three hours of horrible horrible winter conditions to make it home.

And they got me lovely Christmas presents: Esmeralda 2! (and accessories).

So, today I have watched a LOT of TV, drank a LOT of coffee, and made a lasagna--which was a unique experience, because I only made one. I've never only made one lasagna.

Here's some lovely pictures of my precious dog. He did not remember me at first. He seemed confused and sniffed me cautiously. That only lasted about 15 seconds though, now he knows me perfectly and follows me around the house. He's sleeping at my feet right now. Like his owner though, the past 7 months have involved some weight gain. My swiss baby and his Idaho baby are roughly the same size. However, he only started out at 25 pounds.

Right now, we're working on a Christmas Puzzle of Wrigley Field (which is where the Cubs play for anyone who is unfortunate enough to not know what that is.) She has approved this blog post and is laughing at me.

Oh, and for fun: a Laura and Kricket chaser.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME !!
Happy New Year 2009 !

My vote for new blog titles:
Re-entry
Across the Border USA
La Frontera
Baseball on the Border

Anonymous said...

Why they ARE cute, all of them! Good to hear you made it home alive. And that Esmeralda has a successor now. I can't wait to go home to Number One on Tuesday, even though it will be miserably quiet and lonely and empty in that house Without You. Not to mention how scared I am to break her...

In other news, Ani is infectious. I have discovered at least two fans in Finland, and even though they aren't as fanatic as you, they are true, neat and devoted.

And, will you tell me the name of the thingie you book your flights from? If I can still come and keep you and Laura company at some point?

And, I'm bored!!!

Meredith said...

Hey Kat, good to hear you survived the snow!

Still want to go to the field? Doug has had a family emergency and it looks like I will be delaying going for a bit