Thursday, July 10, 2008

Catherines' Cakes

Here are the cakes I made for the Catherines.

They had their birthday on the 20th and 21st of June. One is American and one is British.



Catherine's birthday involved a scavenger hunt with the final clue leading her to the attic where her castle cake awaited. The Deputy Manger was slightly concerned about having flaming things in the attic of the Chalet, but it all turned out okay.

Ruth decorated the castle cake. Here's an extreme closeup of the people she drew in the windows. This is a functional castle rather than ruins I suppose. I was hoping it would be castle ruins but alas I did not have time to decorate two cakes the day I made them.


Here is Catherine's snail cake. I'm not sure if there were fun and games involved with her cake. I decorated this cake.


I also have pictures of the hippo/monster/monkey cake and the mountain cake. Unfortunately my camera battery died, so the hippo is electronically trapped there. Furthermore, Ben took the picture of the Fitzer-shaped cake so I have to track him down to get that one.
Something to look forward to!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

You got the job at home to make birthday cakes. Yoour cakes are much more creative than mine. I will pass the baton to you with no regrets.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That fresh mountain air is doing wonders for your creativity!