Tuesday, July 29, 2008

oh! oh! oh! oh!

And how could I forget to report on this....

Ani is releasing a new album on September 30th. It's called Red Letter Year!

FINALLY!!!

Have I told you the story of the last time I saw her in concert? no? Ohhhhh it's a good one. It was at Langerado in the middle of a swamp in Florida in March. I bought 4 day passes to the festival just so I could see Ani. I waited in front of her stage all day so that I could be front row and center. Bob was with me at the festival, but of course he wasn't up there in the front row with me. That was probably for the best though, because I probably would have embarassed him. I get really excited when I see Ani. When I'm with other people I have to control myself a bit...but this time I was alone. So I jumped up and down and had a super good time being in the front. I was only about 5 feet away from Ani. Ok, it was more like 15 with the security fence. She played all the old hits and tons of new songs--off the new album I'm sure. How she could last for 2 years without releasing an album, I don't know. It better have about 25 songs on it though...

When she came out at the end for her encore she walked to the edge of the stage, leaned over toward me and I'm pretty sure she said that I was cute. I'm 95% positive that's what she said. And to top off the best concert Ever, the stage hand gave me her set list at the end.

I've seen Ani 6 times since 2000, can't wait to see her again.

No comments: