Monday, September 8, 2008

The Autumn Chalet

It seems that because we were all so busy with summer, that the crucial planning for our first non-summer event got more or less forgotten. Little things--like program discussing with the kitchen that Yes, there is a barbeque this week, and No it is no on site--were totally neglected. They're damn lucky that it's only 4 guests and new vols, and that I can pull it off, but maybe discussing it with me more than a day in advance would have been nice. That makes me quite cranky actually.

Other than that, Autumn at the Chalet is alright. Ruth and Jen have been hanging out in the kitchen a fair bit, working on arts and crafts, keeping me from getting too lonely now that it's slower. Jen is making me a rug and Ruth is mending my work pants. How sweet.

Last night I got a haircut, and winter is coming. It is Cold here. I could see my breath when I poked my head out of my window this morning.

The kids and the cows have come down from the mountains. The cows came down in style, wearing trees and flowers and all sorts of decorations on their heads. The kids came down noisily. This morning they woke me up around 7:00 with their running down the hill and screeching that they do. I had to remind myself of where I was, and that everything was okay, the world wasn't ending--just kids going to school. It'll probably start snowing next week and then I can start reporting on the quality and quantity of swiss snow.

In other news:
What are they looking at?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Princess, as I sit here in class, your blog keeps me awake. I really don't care about the chemical composition of water. I have enjoyed my copy of pony nuzzles, so far, but can you send me you banana bread recipe. in other news - cooking rice for one last night was interesting. i had to read the package again when it said 125mL of water. I hope you are having a great time with peon, bonbon and bruiser (don't let her get any more bruises)
xoxo Bunny