Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Clowns are Scary

And what a weekend it was! Laura and I spent the day on Saturday fighting over whether or not peppers should go into Eggplant Parmesan. They don't. The casserole turned out nice though, no one complained. I wish I had brought my camera to the kitchen: we bought about every eligible eggplant in Delemont and breaded and broiled it. What a spread.

Sunday we ended up walking down town to check out a street fair that was going on. There's Always something going on. I must say, this one was more exciting than the last street fair I attended in Delemont. There was no American House of Horrors, but there were plenty of street performers and lots of under 12s. Laura and I were walking around with beers--still recovering from the Eggplant Debacle--and I felt a bit out of place next to all the baby carriages. Whateves. Most of the acts involved juggling, and they all seemed to do the same tricks: One person juggles, the other person takes their juggling batons, hats, cigars etc while together they keep the items in the air.

There were tons of people on stilts and also in clown costumes. One clown was cheeky enough to steal my hotdog (they come inserted into baguettes! how could I resist?) and took a bite of it! What!?! I made a face and he placated me with a chumpachump or whatever those suckers are called. I finished my hotdog. I hope clowns don't carry anything fatal.

In other news:
The last of the Summer Vols have returned home, and safely. Thank goodness.

Winter has come to the Chalet. We had a hard frost this morning, and on Monday it snowed here on site. It didn't stick though...maybe next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whats the thank goodness meant to mean!?!? I hope it is referring to how pleased you are that we got home safely and not that we have left! And as you say, winter IS coming!!