Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm back. Thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes. I had a really nice time on my Birthday Extravaganza Trip. I'll get to that, but first a report on the goings-on-at-the-Chalet.
The summer vols have left. They're gone! Well, three of them have stuck around, but they're not working anymore. I miss them! I'm not terribly good at change, so having everything turned upside down makes me a bit cranky. But let's do a tribute-post to how much I liked the summer vols, shall we?

First: They always worked super hard, and made me laugh at the same time. Yesterday, I was all alone in the kitchen all day, I didn't know what to do with myself. Also, I had to slice the turkey ham and cheese and clean the lettuce--Vol Jobs. Well, now they're My Jobs. How awful.

Second: Now I have to do all the cleaning.

Third: They had such nice smiles.

Fourth: Who will give me haircuts now?

Fifth: They made me The Best Birthday Cake Ever



Oh Summer Vols, I miss you already.

But enough of that... Now we have Autumn Vols. They've already started calling themselves the "Arty Vols" I don't know how I feel about that. They seem level headed enough, though. I'm sure that we'll all get used to each other, and that they'll stop giving me dirty looks soon.

Now, onto the Pony-Theme of this post. We had a 'End of Summer Staff Day Out Extravaganza' last Thursday. We went pony Riding! It poured, and we only got to trot a few times and the ponies weren't interested in doing anything but following the path they'd followed about a billion times before so they could get back to the barn and eat grain, but it was fun.

This is Antonia riding Violent, or Vaiollente or something, sounded like Violent. I renamed her Sugarplum Cupcake and was seriously dissapointed that she wasn't pink. We had a nice time together despite that little mixup.

We saw several castles, and ate lunch by a lake. I made a duck friend who ate out of my hand. I named her Olivia.

Our trip had a very nice Elementary-School-Field-Trip feel to it. We even sang on the bus the whole way. I'm sure the driver was about to kill us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for our little tribute in your blog. we all (imsure if we were all here) feel very special from your mention. i particularly love the pictures of us all, we must get copies. and who's going to do you're hair cuts- well you're booked in for an appt. later, so i guess me!!!
we're really going to miss you too Kat, but im sure you'll get helpers to do the cleaning and lunch prep and you can retreat to your office- a module you covered at our chef school.
but as for now, we're still here and theres 9 more days of 3 of the summer vols to enjoy.
however, as per usual we have some requests- no turkey roll. milk for tea not creamers (we're brits remember, we know how a perfect cup of tea should be), bakes us cakes- we'll have withdrawl symptoms, banana bread (but not for Ruthie)
KISSES!!!!