Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hamburg Iowa Update


Apparently I upset the Hamburg Iowa Public relations manger with my irreverent attitude. They left this comment:

Hamburg Iowa really does have more than a gentelman's club. And I hear that the
club is going to be shut down. The owner is up on charges for letting several
underage girls drink and dance there. But remember that your always innocent
until proven guilty. On mothers day on of the old buildings in town fell down.
Just a big hole there now. A new antique mall opening in July of 2008. Popcorn
day has parade, flee market. free popcorn, and sometimes rain.


I am grateful to learn what popcorn day is all about and definitely sorry to hear about the dramatic changes to the Hamburg skyline. I'm so lucky that I got to see the town in its original state.


I've done a bit of research on the Burg myself and have come up with these fun facts, hopefully the Hamburg Representitive will find them more suitable.


It seems that in Hamburg the population is experiencing slightly negative growth, how unfortunate. The census population in 2000 was around 1,200. A cozy little town I'm sure.


Also, the most common industry for males is Food service while health care is the most common industry for females. A town of cooks and nurses. At least that small community can feed and care for themselves.


51% of the population over the age of 15 is currently married, and 9.3% of them have at least a bachelors degree. 79% of them have graduated high school.


Hamburg is home to the Vogel Popcorn factory, which should explain the connection between all these facts, and Popcorn Day, if it is the major employer in town--well, now that the gentleman's club is closing anyway.


Well, that was fun. Hope everyone learned something.

No comments: