Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hello Europe!

I'm in Frankfurt. I was hoping to spend very little time here, but thanks to Lufthansa's lateness, the two (TWO!) security check points, and a connection gate in hell-and-gone, I've missed my flight to Zurich. Great. And I had such a good first impression of the Lufthansa. They had real pillows, real blankets and real food. They fed us two meals.

They also delivered us late and couldn't be bothered to hold the flight for all the customers on the Portland - Frankfurt flight who needed that connection to Zurich. Not just me. Humph!

Frankfurt has a building that looks just like the space needle. Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the city because a gaggle of old-folks-on-tour were all in the window seats saying annoying things. One of them also felt the need to latch on to the back of my chair and brace himself for a good portion of the flight. The effect was that I was nearly launched every time he released his old-man weight from it to totter about the cabin. Blood clots are serious business, but I get cranky when I don't get enough sleep.

It's 9:22 local time and I don't know which way is up. Do I count that flight as "last night" and right now "this morning"? Where am I? I don't speak the language, I hold no currency, I'm soft in the middle.

I hope Zurich is a more friendly airport. It is HOT in here.

No comments: