Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, Event 11

Ahhh, it's barbeque day and for only the second time out of 11--it's not raining or snowing.

Has anybody missed me? I've been gone for quite some time. Last week I was a bit sick but at least now I can report on the quality of healthcare a foreigner recieves in Switzerland. What happened was I got a bad infection. I grew an abcess on my face, which is highly atypical according to the doctor. I guess I have bad luck. It was probably the most painful thing I've ever experienced. And the grossest, but I'll spare you all those details. I went to the doctors office three times, got tons of medicine--painkillers, creams, antibiotics--and the bill didn't crack 200--even without my insurance. They treated me very kindly and didn't make me deal with the bill until I was better.

In other news: Friday was Swiss National Day. 4th of July in Switzerland, and we celebrated appropriately.

We've got 4 more events 'till the summer is over. I'm just trying to hang on and keep my head above water, and food in the pantry, until it's over and I can spend some time breathing normally. Last night I had nightmares about not having enough bread for barbeque today. Seriously, I'm losing sleep over loaves of bread. I can't wait 'till fall.

No comments: