Monday, August 4, 2008

Barbeque

Monday is the worst day ever. I have to be here early for flag ceremony, I have to scorch my skin off over a hot barbeque, and I have to go to Staff Meeting.

At least barbeque is over for the week. The fridge is full of sausage no one wanted to eat and I'm ramping up for my staff meeting. Words alone cannot describe how much I loathe staff meeting. I spend the hour trying not to behave too badly. We begin by discussing our goals and achievements. Mostly, the other staff get to describe the meetings they go to, the important work they're doing with program, and plans for the future. Me, I'm just trying to keep my head above water (like I said). Feeding 90 people out of a poorly equipped kitchen is challenging enough, I don't need to compound it.

I suppose this is what being a grown up is all about: Staff Meetings and Barbeques. I suppose Hell is like holding my arm over the barbeque for longer than 2 seconds. Well, it kind of sucks. I can't wait to go back to school. Just...somewhere other than Hell.

No comments: