Monday, August 25, 2008

Event 14

Here's to the Last Barbeque Day of Summer! Of course, it's raining.

And, as we all know: winter is coming. There's fresh snow on the Lohners and on Wildstrubel. It's only a matter of time before I'll be able to sled to work. Yippie!

There are only 39 guests staying with us at the Chalet this week. That should be easy, we should be done with dinner by around 7:20 every night. Unfortunately last night was The Longest Night Ever. Why? Because the Canadians missed their train. So, I cooked a 6:30 dinner for the brits and a 7:30 dinner for the Canadians. I wasn't done until after 8:30. I am thankful though, that I was cooking for 20 people each round and not 60. Otherwise, I would have been crying. Crying in my Carbonara.

Laura gave me a book to read called French Revolutions. It's about a british guy who decided it would be fun to hop on his bike and ride the Tour de France route. He was able to take a few months off, ride around on his bike and write a best selling book that made him tons of money. He writes very long sentances and I am having a hard time reading it because it makes me Jealous. (Laura, I'm not saying Anything about your Sister, I promise). So Jen told me that we should train for a marathon and that I could write a best selling book. So...Jen and I are going to start by running on gentle downhill slopes, and then we're going to run the Jungfrau Marathon or something equally ridiculious. Stay tuned.

In Other News:

Mom and Dad, I Did try to call on Friday but I got an answering machine, I would have called Dad's cell but it said you were out of town and I thought that the international rates on his phone would be a bit expensive.

1 comment:

Jeffrey VanWye said...

Don't you live down hill from the lodge?