Sunday, August 17, 2008

Event 13

It's Event Thirteen here at the Chalet. I hope it's not an unlucky one, though it's started out quite differently than all the other events.

For instance, I have absolutely no special diets. None. Well, there were 6 visitors tonight who had one special diet, but they are not here for the Event, so they don't count. I hope things keep going well, but I'm skeptical. How could I be so lucky? Also, there are only 60 guests in the dining room--even with a short staff tonight we were done by 7:45. How magical is that?

In other news: Winter is coming. It's a good thing Laura and I knocked Bunderspitz off the list, because it snowed up there over the weekend. I think the hiking season is nearly over. I've got to get my big bike ride out of the way here soon, too. Laura and I have planned to do nearly the whole western border of Switzerland as my big Birthday trip.

No comments: