Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Spiders of Switzerland


There are a Lot Of Spiders in Switzerland. This morning, on my way to work I saw 10 of these large spiders and about 5 times that many webs. I think I'll start naming them all--I've named one already, Big Mamma, and I give her a little pet and a good morning nuzzle when I see her.

I am really glad these spiders are not the face-climbing variety.

I took all these pictures on my way back from the Adventure Park yesterday--and it took me about twice as long to walk up the hill. Seems that I caught all the spiders around lunch time.
Mmmmm, Lunch!

This is primo spider habitat. The space between barbed wire.
An epic spider battle.




This one is just a baby.
"Good Morning, Big Mamma! Nuzzle! Nuzzle"
This is also Big Mamma, she ran away after I nuzzled her, but check out these chompers.



*********** Except for the multiple pictures of Big Mamma, the spider vs. beetle battle and the closeup of the spider's lunch, these are all different spiders (for a total of ten spiders I saw yesterday afternoon). I saw Big Mamma this morning and a one of the reddish-colored spiders, but most of them were different. That means that I've seen at least 18 different spiders... Where do they come from? Why haven't I noticed them before?


2 comments:

comet said...

Nice spider pics, but you forgot to include photos of the adorable bunnies!!

afhiyo said...

somehow i have a big spider like that,i keep it as a pet...well somehow like a pet...but cool pictures btw :)