Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Adventure Park report and other fun

Yesterday, as you all know, I got the chance to escape the gloomy confines of the kitchen and go to the adventure park--which is basically a bunch of cables strung up under a bridge. You can zip-line or rappel off the bridge, or walk across a wire under the bridge, or you can jump off the bridge if you like.

I was certainly in need of some fresh air.


It's a beautiful walk to the adventure park.

I really enjoyed the zip-wires, and I Did jump off the bridge--mostly just for bragging rights. I did not enjoy it. Here's a video of a kid jumping off the bridge.


My video would have been awfully boring: I stood on the platform for about a minute shaking violently. I couldn't jump headfirst. I had to stand on the bridge and sort of drop off backwards. It was awful. I would not recommend it. I thought maybe that it would be fun. I thought that I just had to jump and then I'd really like it. Nope, that free-fall feeling is not fun. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, that I couldn't jump off the bridge the brave way. Laura says that I couldn't jump because I'm too sensible. Ha.

And to wrap it up, here's a glimpse of my afternoon at the Chalet after that.

"Heather, can you deal with this rotten, liquedizing celery for me? I'll bake you cookies, Kisses!"

MMMMMMmmmmmm.....



Oh, how sad, Heather has stroganoff on her pretty frock!
At least it's not celery goo.
Pretty Apron Fashion Show 2008

Look what Ruthie made for me.And here's Ruth hard at work in the shop. In the shop? She should be cleaning, or mending something for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

working at the chalet is exhausting- especially when work is watching people get enrolled and waiting for them to spend swiss francs on chalet goodies and swiss tak
ps- i had nothing to mend, i did it the day before!