Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sugar Coma and Turkey Treasures

Ruth's Mom (or Mum) sends candy once a week. England is Much closer than the States, and so the postage is not out of control for them to send things.

++Ruth: you better send me candy when you're back in England--I've grown accustomed to this lifestyle and must be kept this way.++

Yesterday, I must have eaten approximately half a ton of candy in less than 30 minutes and then fell into a deep deep sugar coma. I couldn't move my lead-filled limbs any faster than a Slothy. Luckily, it was Turkey Roll night (or the night that we dissect the conglomeration of tubes, bones, cartilage and from the very minimal amounts of meat and serve it to guests), so there wasn't much to do besides put the turkey in the oven and wait.

Let me tell you about Monday Night Dinner. Turkey Roll is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and I plan to Never Ever cook it again once the next 2 weeks are over. The volunteers have even made up a game with a point system for Turkey Roll night. Tubes are worth 5 points, bones are 10 and an organ wins the game. I think several of them have won already. Ruth found a very impressive bone/joint structure last night that I will boil and mount.

1 comment:

bon bon said...

i think im doing alright with the request but its a shame that my treasure went to the bin/trash