Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Valley of Oey

I live on a hill called Adelboden, to get to work I have to walk down to Oey cross the river and then drag myself up to Eggelti. Therefore: I go uphill both ways. It's about 100 vertical meters on each side. Here's a lovely picture of the valley. Clearly the tourist office has been busy promoting the peaceful valley image of Oey online.



Speaking of Hills: Jen and I are on our way. We've started training for the Jungfrau marathon. We haven't yet determined if it actually exists, but it doesn't matter.

We ran to the Adventure park and then along the river and then back up to town. We thought that our first run would be really hard and we'd want to die, but turns out we are in better shape than we thought. I guess, hiking to and from work every day in addition to weekend marathon-hikes is fairly good exercise. We celebrated with a Recovery Beer and an Ani party.

And now for the Big News: Today I am going to the Adventure Park to have Fun. It's the last week of program for the summer so Boss Katie has said that non-program staff can spend some time on program (or having fun outside) Yay! I've packed my lunch, my water bottle, my rain gear and tons of candy. I Am Ready. I think I'll go down some ziplines and maybe jump off a bridge. Don't worry Mom, we wear helmets.

**Photo Credit: Schweitzer Berghilfe http://www.berghilfe.ch/de/projekte/waldundholz/oey.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I am so sorry about missing your call. Could we set up a time? I have been e-mailing you, but no response. Where do you get your e-mail? P.S. Did you get your b-day box?

Love,

Mom