Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Clouds

I walked to work in a cloud this morning. Two clouds really, one is in my head and one is outside getting everything wet and even floating in through my window. I stayed home yesterday and slept. I was worried that I was coming down with a case of strep from my dimwittie (can that happen?) so I figured the kitchen wouldn't be the best place for me to spread a highly contagious disease to paying guests. So I slept. Katie dropped me off at my house around 7:30 on Monday and I didn't get out of bed until 6:00 pm on Tuesday. I am feeling much better but my head is still a bit light.

Ben wrote me and said that if you don't plan trips you're never late. I'm not sure if I agree with him at all. Plus Ben, you know how much I like to be invited to things just to decline: If you don't make plans, you can't break them! And for the record, I have a year long contract at the Chalet. That means, I'm working until the end of Next May. Hope that clears up any confusion. The volunteers stay for 3 months, they get worked hard and sent home exhausted.

And finally, congrats on your new presigious job Ben! I wish I was as good a cook as you, but I did get included in a general thank-you email to the Chalet from last weeks guests--"...and the food was superb" Superb. Great!

Ok, time to order meat. Kisses and snuggles to you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay i got an honorable mention. i guess you did too on the thank you note. thats superb. what i was trying to get to was that if you dont make plans, things that fall into place are little miracles. furthermore,if you dont plan you'll never have canceled reservations, or reservations to a place that isnt open yet but for some weird reason is willing to take reservations. besides you can still cancel when everyone is like lets go to the art museum then you can say no im gonna go to the stamp museum instead.