Thursday, April 1, 2010

Miami Nice

I'm doing the Miami Nice Olympic distance triathlon in June. That leaves me 8 weeks to train. I haven't been training. Oooops. [[But, the registration was free. Thanks pros!]] I'm a little worried that I don't have enough time. I'm going to have to be super diligent about my workouts.

Lucky you, reader, you get to be party to my 8 weeks of training leading up to this race. I'll post my daily training plan and how much fun it is to train for a longer race with less time and after taking a winter off. I think it will keep me honest:

Today I ran 2 miles and then swam for 28 minutes. By my calculations, that's 1400 m.



I'm trying to talk Laura into starting a blog about her biking. She's winning first place in every race she does and even is beating PROS. Woah. I'm sure she has lots to say about training and gear. Maybe if she writes it in a blog, she'll stop boring me with all the details....Laura, are you reading this?

1 comment:

Wendy's bestest friend said...

haha with the comment directed at Laura-you should do it girl. You do have a lot to say about the subject! I'm sure you'd love to see people replying to you with bicycle comments!

and go you for doing the race!! I was talking with my swimming instructor about your tri in June. He's booked his flights/accomodation/car for it then missed booking on the race in time. haha. idiot. you'll see him over there watching in the croud. i'll ask him to watch out for you!