Friday, April 16, 2010

South Africa

Yeah! I'm going for sure!

July 31-August 21st

Holy cow!

Time to start reading up on culture and customs and how to survive a charge by a wild elephant. Our program advisor says that we'll have guides with guns, so we shouldn't worry too much about wild animals, but like I always say...you can never be too prepared.


We're going to be in Capetown, Johannesburg and Kruger National Park. In Capetown and Kruger we'll be doing research. The awesome part is that we get to camp at Kruger for a week and actually hang out in the park, rather than ride around on cars. In Pretoria (Johannesburg) we'll be teaching in schools. It's going to be a whirl wind tour.

Who's been to South Africa? Any sights I need to make sure I see?

1 comment:

Ruthieroo said...

wow thats amazing!! I'll ask around!