Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Year Without Baseball/Moving Targets/Out of Range

This blog is turning 2 years old in a week. What should we get it? Hummm...I'm thinking hard about this one. Maybe a pinata? Make sure you log in on the 27th to see my big anniversary post.



In other news...the Eaglet Express is building up some steam. For those of you who don't know...the Eaglet Express is what I'm calling my Girl Scout 100th Anniversary project. It's a coordinated Thru Hike/Relay of the Appalachian Trail. I'm going to hike the whole thing and meet up with Troops/groups of alumni along the way. My girls are going to start out from Springer Mountain carrying a small Golden Eaglet which will be passed the entire length of the trail, being carried by Girl Scouts the entire time.

You can join the facebook group.

Tigger/Larisa from Stalbans emailed me today to tell me how excited she is about the project. At first, she was thinking that there should be a west coast centenary hike of the Pacific Crest Trail. We talked for a bit before she decided that that would be out of control (the PCT is almost 2700 miles--even more challenging to fit into a decent length season than the AT). Instead, she's going to be my 2nd and help with all the coordinating and plans. We've got some GREAT ideas and I'm so excited to be working on this project. Stay tuned! We've got a blog, but it's not quite up yet. I'll let you know when that portion of the project goes live.

Yeahh!!!

1 comment:

Ruthie-Ru said...

yey thats great!!! it'll be so sooo great to do this!

think of the postcards!!

you'll need a bigger house to put them all!