Friday, April 9, 2010

What a week, what a week

Brief update.

I've been distracted I guess.

Yesterday, Laura's bike shoes were stolen out of my mailbox at work. Those expensive italian shoes that she spent months searching for. Gone. Who would have thought that someone at our school would do that? That's not even classy.

KT came to my classroom today and was blown away by the chaos and stressful atmosphere created by my teacher. I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can take it. We did an awesome activity today, though. I told the kids about what I do with Complex I and then had them translate a Complex I RNA into "protein". They used the universal genetic code chart and we assigned colors to the amino acids and they made a paper chain. We taped the paper chain to the walls and now there's a little bit more color in the room and the kids can see something they worked on posted on the walls. I think that's important.

I've been training seriously for the NICE. it's only 59 days away now....I'm supposed to get on the bike tonight and put some time in. Laura's having a taco and watching the Tour of the Basque on tv right now, so I'm not sure how soon that trainer is going to get set up.


Workouts:

Saturday: 1 mile swim, 12 mile bike
Sunday: off
Monday: 4 mile run. I was going to go to step aerobics but I ended up giving blood in the afternoon so I skipped the evening workout.
Tuesday: 12 mile bike
Wednesday: 4.5 mile run am, 2 mile run pm
Thursday: still waiting for that trainer...I was supposed to swim this morning but my school schedule got messed up because the kids took a field trip to the Fair on Wednesday.

No comments: