Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Beautiful Day in Switzerland

Except that Fitzer is obscured by clouds this morning. They are benign cumulus mediocris and they roll by quickly so I can see the spitze every few minutes.

Last night we had an impromptu housewarming in Jen's place. Pretty mild. We discussed hiking plans and Chalet life. Everyone decided that my house smelled bad and that Jen's was much better appointed for such a gathering. In attendance were nearly all the senior staff of the Chalet. Office, Program, General Assistant, Maintenance and Kitchen.

I will be heading up to Bunderspitz tomorrow if the weather permits. I'd like to go on an overnight hike, but camping is not allowed anywhere around here. That takes some getting used to. I like the idea of heading out into the woods, being alone, and sleeping where I want. Ben says that if you just happen to have a sleeping bag, and a tarp, and you just happen to put the tarp on the ground and sleep on it, you're probably not going to get arrested. Still. In any case, Bunderspitz is probably a 4 to 5 hour hike from town and my bed is probably much more comfortable than cold damp swiss ground. There may even be snow up there still.

And now I'm off to work. I pretty sure that I left 2 pots of left overs out on the back porch last night. Actually it kept me up, I had nightmares. I guess they're not left overs anymore. How sad. Gotta pay more attention to what I put in the Big Fridge.

No comments: