Monday, June 23, 2008

My Neighbor

Jen, the program assistant, is my neighbor here in the village. I'm currently sitting in my micro-flat writing my weekend updates so I can post them in the morning [[yes, I sometimes write several days' worth at once--but I don't haul my computer around with me when I travel and I only have 'net access at The Chalet anyway]]. Here I am, nearly 11pm, just typing away, minding my own business. I've got my windows wide open and I'm listening to the people speaking swiss german off the back kitchen patio of the resturant next door (ok not really minding my own business, I think I caught a few words "Ich bin da!"). And suddenly, there's a face in my window "hallo!" Woah! Scared the pants off me.


It was Jen of course, back from a 14 hour day of hiking to the top of nearly every mountain in the area. She wanted to tell me that she and a few other chalet folk met a local farmer named Karl who invited them in because Line fell in some cow poop and he felt bad (Do all my stories involve cows?). And here's the best part! The cow festival where they hike all the cows up the hill dressed in their finery is next weekend...and Karl has cows...and Karl invited all of us to walk with him! I'm going to walk in the cow parade with Karl's dressed up bossies! Isn't that exciting?


{Oh, and did I mention that Jen and the other chalet folk hike 14 hours on their days off and see more than one mountain and the waterfall? I have yet to make it to the top of a mountain or to the waterfall. I've been to the top of a prison tower but that didn't take much of a committment. I swear, next weekend I'm making Bunderspiz!}

2 comments:

天浩世界 said...

Refueling

天浩世界 said...

I am sorry that I will be in English does not seem to explain my feelings! Am honoured to know your foreign friends, although you do not know what is what surname » However, I am able to feel that you as a culture, speaking the truth, I like Switzerland, like love my country like China!