Thursday, June 19, 2008

With a Hoover in the CarPark

It was a dark and (not)stormy night. The mountains were out and I was walking down the stairs on the outside of the Staff House late last night. I had been doing laundry and I just wanted to fold my laundry so I could hike home. I paused to peer into Marjolein's window and wave Hello. Next thing I know, I'm jerked violently from behind and a struggle ensues. My unknown assailant drags me backwards a few steps and hits me with something. I managed to break free and stumble into the building.

In a moment, Heather appeared out of the shadows holding a vaccum. I asked her why she would do something like that? Why would she hit me with the vacuum? She told me that I was dead.

We're playing an all staff game of Murder. I guess I had forgotten. Every staff/volunteer got a sheet last week detailing the person place and thing required for their murder to take place. Heather's sheet must have said "Kat in the carpark with a vacuum". I can't describe how disorienting it was to be drug violently backwards in the dark and then hit with a hard object. Because the game wasn't anywhere near the front of my consciousness I was utterly confused. And now I'm dead. I didn't even get a chance to walk around suspiciously not trusting anyone. Humph. And! A few people must have 'kitchen pots' as their objects because mine keep disappearing. How am I supposed to cook for 100 people if my pots are gone. Seriously. Maybe the staff just won't eat that night.

In other news: I made a mountain shaped cake for the birthday girl yesterday. Pictures are forthcoming.

Tonight I am off to Delemont. It's independence day festivities or something. I hear I can get a free t-shirt with a Jura Flag on it. Woooooo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, Miami must be looking pretty good right now or at least it sounds safer than the kitchen stairs.
... and that idea about letting the staff go without food - that's a keeper.

BlogDog said...

aww kat, i'm disappointed in you. I think you should play a ghost and kill ppl that way.

bonbon said...

this was hilarious