Friday, June 6, 2008

Village Inhabitant

I am now a resident of Adelboden proper. I moved in around 10pm last night and spent a fitful night on a mattress with no sheets under what I can only describe as a mini-comforter. When I first got into the place, I thought that the blanket had been folded in half and thrown across the bed. Besides the blanket, everything else in my apartment is in miniature. It's a studio, true, but I could probably lie in bed watching tv, stir a pot on the hot plate with my right foot and flush the toilet with my left. If I wanted to. But I appreciate it (and no, mom, I didn't get kicked out of the Chalet). It's nice to live at the Chalet, but it's pretty isolated. Here in town I'm right next to the grocery store, the post, and the local pub.

Now, I've just got to hike 30 minutes to work. It's uphill both ways. I think it's an opportunity for me to get into better shape.

No comments: